What is EDI?
- The computer-to-computer electronic exchange of machine-processable business documents in a standard format.
- An electronic alternative to paper, fax, and phone-based transactions used by companies to communicate with one another.
What are EDI Drivers?
- Ability to strengthen partnerships
- Improve business processes
- A communication tool to allow new ways to do business
- A preferred way of doing business among Fortune 500 companies
- A business basic for the industry
How is EDI Used?
- EDI is used as a strategic tool to reduce expenses, streamline business procedures, and create a competitive advantage.
- How is EDI Started? Usually Reactive or Proactive.