MONITORING AND TELEMETRY
Lightstreamer is a highly engineered server for streaming real-time data. Based on HTTP and WebSockets, it is able to pass through any kind of proxy and firewall.
Data coming from the “field” will no more be owned by specialized applications only. Now it’s the time to distribute it to every people having the opportunity to monitor, analyze, and make decisions through a web page or a mobile app. At the same time, the enterprise environment has become hungry for real-time information to monitor, in order to offer stable high performance in the application ecosystem.
Lightstreamer is the best and smartest solution to create alignment and integration between “Operational Technology” (OT) and Information Technology (IT). With Lightstreamer you get a high performance-server that is able to stream bi-directional real-time data over the Web, for any monitoring and data analysis purpose.
What can Lightstreamer do for monitoring and telemetry?
- Reliable real-time data streaming to any application and device over the Web, with next-to-zero latency.
- Lower infrastructure and bandwidth requirements in servicing the online platforms, with a significant reduction of launch and operating costs.
- Data flow resampling on the fly to cope with poor connectivity without sacrificing the real-time behavior.
- Bandwidth management and proxies/firewalls traversing ability.
An example: NASA International Space Station telemetry
Real-time data of the NASA ISS onboard systems, including mission timelines and crewmembers details, are pushed with a Lightstreamer-based solution. Live information, including station position and the internal environment parameters, are tracked and used for several scientific and educational applications.
Check out the Lightstreamer Web Telemetry Demo
Who is using Lightstreamer ?
Many industries are using Lightstreamer for real-time monitoring and telemetry in a wide range of applications, including:
- Supply Chain and Logistics. Big transportation companies use our solutions to monitor cargo and container position; oil and gas producers deploy Lightstreamer to monitor the rig networks.
- Airport Check-in Management. International airports are deploying Lightstreamer-based solutions to monitor baggage displacement and other processes.
- Mass Notification Systems. Lightstreamer can be integrated for any real-time mass notification service.
- Energy Management. In eco-district projects, many parameters on energy consumption and device status are monitored to offer smart-grid capabilities and energy saving results.
- Scientific Research. Lightstreamer can be implemented to obtain real-time data for any scientific and technological projects of any dimensions.